I know I teased a lot with this tutorial, mostly because I made it so long a go, 4 months a go to be exact. I took the pictures the week I moved this little blog to wordpress. Since things got so busy after that I almost forgot I had it, until just a few weeks back. And finally today I have time to write this tutorial and hopefully you’ll get a chance to make your own ruffles handbag!
This is my first bag tutorial and I though it would be nice to have a lot of steps, so you are warned, there is TONS of pictures 🙂 maybe that’s why it took me so long hehe
- 2 pieces of 16×11 inches of main/outer fabric – I used home decor weight fabric for a better shape bag (pink, green, brown stripes)
- 2 pieces of 16×11 inches of liner/inner fabric – I use a pink canvas
- 2 pieces of 16×11 inches or bigger of lightweight interfacing – I use pellon 808
- 3 pieces of 7×3 inches, one of main/outer fabric, one of satin or the ruffle’s fabric and one of interfacing – for the closure
- 3 pieces of 2.5×24 inches, 2 of main/outer fabric and one of interfacing – for the strap
- 3 pieces of 5×7 inches of liner/inner fabric and one of interfacing – for central pocket
- 3 pieces of 5×10 inches, 2 of liner/inner fabric and one of interfacing – for double pockets
- 2 pieces satin (I used brown) of the following shape for the ruffles:
[Click Images to Enlarge]
I also made this other bag changing the measurements of the main pieces, making it a little big longer and smaller. You can make it just as big or small you want.
I hope you enjoy this tutorial and if you make it share pictures in the SewJoyful flickr group! I would love to feature your work too!
* This tutorial is provided for personal, use only. If you wish to sell items made with this tutorial please purchase a limited production license.
Check the Site policy at the bottom for further information, Thank you!