Happy Monday everyone! Before I share the post I have for today I wanted to thank everyone for the response on Facebook, Twitter and the post where we shared the news of our little one on the way! We are so excited and it feels so awesome to feel the love from all of you, you guys are amazing and I feel so lucky that you all read and follow my online adventures.
For today I want to share an update I did on the fan of the sewing room, I was super inspired when I saw a chevron project posted on Design Sponge last year, I pinned it with the hope that someday, when we had a house of our own I could refurnish my own.
Since we are on a very tight budget for all of our house improvement projects we are going to refurnish a lot of the things that were in the house, in the case of my office/sewing room I already showed you what I did with the build-up, now it's the time for the fan! In my case I needed a full recover for this fan because I didn't like anything about it, as you can see in the before picture, it had flower shape lights, the blades where showing the wicked pattern side, and I definitely didn't like the brass body.
So I took the blades out and I was super happy to find that the other side was plain wood, so I would paint and accomplish my idea on that side. For the body, I left it there and took the flower glass shared off (I need to figure what i will replace them for later) I taped and cover around the areas I didn't want painted and spay with a metal primer, then top it with white paint.
I did the same for the metal parts of the blade and use wood paint for the blades.
After that I taped the shapes I wanted on the blades, this was my very first experience with frog tape, I totally loved it but I did a few thing wrong on this try.
I was not sure of how much pressure I should apply to the tape, and I had a few areas where tape crossed, so my advice pay extra attention to those areas, use your finger and really press there, I didn't and my blades got pretty messy in the crossed tape areas.
After I took the tape off I had to clean up an re-touch some areas, after everything was dry I re-assemble the baldes and then re-attach them to the fan body. I really love how it ended up looking, I still have to figure what I want to do for the shades but as for now I love it just like that =]
I am really excited because I only have a few more projects to finish the sewing room of my studio, after that I plan on finishing the office room to get all done with my Studio level of the house, that way I can focus on the re-launch of my site and the projects for the baby's room =] Hopefully I will get to it in a couple of months.
Talking about baby, I wanted to share the link to my Baby blog, I though about keeping it private because it's more of a Diary for our future son/daughter but then I realize that I like sharing the things that are important to me, specially when I am absent here. So here you go -> Dear Seed, a little diary with the updates of my pregnancy along with my weekly pictures, just like the one above =]
I hope you all have a wonderful week!