Q: Can I link to your blog and use your images?
A: Absolutely! You can use all my images and tutorials, all I ask in return is for you to credit properly (link to each post you share and mention “HowJoyful”, not just link to an “image from here” link) read more on the next question too! and if you want to make my day you can also let me know you did so I can look at my screen and smile =]
Q: Can I use YOUR images to share one of the tutorials from your blog?
A: Yes, you can, but please do the following:
- copy and save my images to your web server or image hosting, stealing bandwidth is still stealing!
- give me credit for the image, I work hard so why not, right?
- link to my post and/or blog mentioning “HowJoyful” not just link with an “image from here” link.
- Write your own post (don't copy and paste mine)
- And please remember that I still reserve my right to ask you to remove my image if the way you are using them makes me uncomfortable, because, you know, they're mine =]
*If you credit my post and images properly there is no way I would ever ask you to remove them!
Q: Can I repost your tutorial or blog post?
A: I genuinely appreciate blog-friends that help to share my tutorials and projects with a larger online community. But please make sure to NOT blog the entire post. Even if you link back that is just NOT GOOD in my book. You can always send them this way to read the tutorial, you know I ALWAYS make sure to do the same for others, after all, it is the RIGHT thing to do. If you want to translate the tutorial into a different language, please check with me first.
Q: Can I make stuff from your tutorials and sell them in my shop?
A: It depends, most of my free patterns and tutorials are for personal non commercial use only. But I just added a section for limited Production licenses. If the project you want is not listed or you have doubts about the licenses please contact me.
HowJoyful blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon products. The prices are the same to you, but I receive a small commission that supports my blog if you use my links.
For more information, see my full disclosure page.
Q: What's your equipment?
To take my pictures: (From Jun 2011 on) I use my Canon Rebel T2i, before that I was using my husband's old Canon – let's just say it's very vintage =] I have 4 lenses:
- My Macro lens Canon EF 100mm f/2.8: I use this one for most of my close up and to photgraph things that are very small.
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens: This one is a great economical alternative when you want to take pretty portrait pictures, I use it A LOT! and it gives a super nice bokeh effect.
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS SLR Lens: My camera came with this one, and since it was the only one that was not fixed at the time I purchased it, it was the one I used the most for quick “on the spot” pictures.
- My Telephoto Zoom Lens Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM: I got this one because I wanted to have a telephoto lens and for the price it does a pretty good job.
I only bought the first two, the other's were from Ken's old camera. And I'm still trying to figure them out!
To edit photos & graphics: I use Abobe Photoshop and my iMac or MacbookPro. To add graphics and make patterns I use a combination of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Fireworks.
Q: What is the name of the font in your header?
A: Actually that is not a font, I drafted the letters in paper and then vectorize them to make my header, I also ordered stamps for my new business cards. If you'd like to see more of my Design work I invite you to visit my Website/Porfolio.
Q: Will you swap links with me?
A: All the links in my Link Love page are there because I truly think those blogs are awesome! If you think your blog is awesome too, contact me and share a link, I might include you there. But please do not contact me asking to swap sidebar links, all the links I share are in that page. I try to keep my sidebar as clean as possible =]
Q: Will you mention my website/product/company in your blog?
A: It depends. I am not close to do reviews, but the product to review has to be of interest for both me and my readers. I will not review beauty products or anything not related to sewing and crafts. Also if you plan to email me, do your homework, use my name and never call me “Dear Blogger” or “Admin” or you will automatically be erased from my Inbox, because you know I am a person! Also have in mind that there are LAWS regarding marketing emails, so play nice and follow them too.
If you are going to send me an email about your product please have ALL of the above points in mind before hitting the send button =]
Q: Why did you erase my comment and/or the extra 2 links I left in my comment?
A: As you can read on my Site Policy. Comments that are offensive, excessively promotional, or unkind will be removed. As well as repeated links, I have no problem with you linking back to show something related to the post or a link to your blog, but only once. There will be only one link back per comment (Usually the one with your name).