This blog contains affiliate links. It means that even though the price is the same to you, if you purchase using my links I will get a small commission to help develop more free content, yay!! Thank you so much for the support! Read more on my disclosure page.

Love free wall art printable pattern

This last couple of days I've been sick and with a huge load of work, so today I decided to make something to relax me and take my mind of work, I was going to make this wall piece with cardboard and fabric at first but then I changed my mind and went with the super easy paint instead. (To make it easy in my cold)

This project only takes a few minutes and it can be done with cardboard (yes to recycling!) and covered with pretty much anything, I was also going to put paper flowers all over it but I guess that will be for another project =]

Free printable

Download

**The download is a PDF format file, so you will need to have Abobe Reader installed on your PC or MAC. Without the program you will not be able to download or preview the file. If you have troubles please visit this link, because each browser works different.

I created this PDF template for all of you and I know everyone has different was to transfer patterns, but the way I did this was that after I taped together the 3 parts, I cut the outside shape and marked in my cardboard, then carefully cut and mark the inside.

I cut the shape with an exacto and used red paint to cover the front – just make sure you have a fairly thick cardboard because there are some delicate areas while you cut, since my cardboard was pretty thin, I used super 77 and glue 2 pieces together and it worked like a charm.

I tried in different part of the house but totally loved the way it looked in the wall with our pictures =]

* This printable is provided for personal, non-commercial use only.
Check the Site policy at the bottom for further information, Thank you!

Hope you enjoy!

About Joy

Joy Kelley is a Chilean Designer & lettering Artist. Mom to 3 little boys. Crafter. Pattern lover. Color obsessed. Lemon pie dependent. And the hand behind the HowJoyful Studio & HowJoyful Shop

20 replies
  1. lesley
    lesley says:

Ohhh, thank you so much for this! I just created something last week that needs this just below it! Perfect!

2. JuAnne
    JuAnne says:

I really love your work!..especially this one, could you make a “Dream” wall art?.. I’m thinking of putting it on my room… pls..? 🙂

3. Ashleigh
    Ashleigh says:

Wow, just came across your sight by chance and usre glad i did!
    Really like your “Love” wallart and thank you for making it possible for us to do as well. Is there any more available with different wording please? Joy, Happiness etc.

4. Courtney
    Courtney says:

I love how I was just looking around for some great home decor ideas and I run across a fellow bee’s blog!! I am so going to use this idea! I love it! By the way, I’m Miss Doily on weddingbee!

5. Sissadora
    Sissadora says:

Gosh! This is SO adorable and easy! What kind of paint did you use?

I have a perfect specimen of cardboard waiting to be used, and will DEFINITELY create an inspiring quote on the wall to remind me to keep rollin’!

• Joy
      Joy says:

Hi Sissadora,
      I just used a kid’s paint I found in my drawer, pretty much anything is good for cardboard =]

• Sissadora
        Sissadora says:

I’ve gone ahead and made one that says “Create”! Here’s a link if you’d like to see it: http://pinterest.com/pin/96545985732169440/ .

I actually used some acrylic paint in tiny tubes that I had. Seems like a pretty nice coverage – but the cardboard is too thin to get another layer without the risk of collapsing into itself 😛

6. Denise
    Denise says:

Hi, Love all of your ideas. Definitely putting you on my favorites list.
    Please can you tell me how to make my own template so I can make my own words? I think alot of people would be interested. or did I miss it on here?
    THANK YOU!

7. Rina
    Rina says:

Hi can you please make me a template that says my name? Czarina. That would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comments are closed.